Welcome!

2012 introduces our new blog and website. We hope you enjoy reading about the OEW mission journeys on here. You may still access the archived former blog on http://hazelbechs.blogspot.com Our website is now: www.oewcompassion.org.uk

Saturday 10 November 2012

....fellow worker in the gospel of Christ... 1 Thess 3:2

Tomorrow I set off on another 'exploit for the Lord' and today I have time to reflect and prepare myself mentally and physically. Sitting here in my little house, looking out over the water towards the mountains I really give thanks for the beauty of creation.

My reading from Oswald Chambers this morning reminds me that my own perception of my purpose in life is not what matters. What does matter is that I belong to God and that he has moved me into his purposes throughout the world, through the Holy Spirit. All he asks of me is that I trust him and step out wherever he leads me.

This is both sobering and comforting. What 'I' want is neither here nor there, but allowing God to work through me takes absolute faith in him and his goodness.



I will ponder these thoughts today as I potter about tidying up loose ends and finishing my packing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment